Thursday 24 April 2008

Squirrel carrying squirrel

I saw a squirrel yesterday moving slowly away from the house carrying something large in its mouth. I followed it and when I got close it dumped its load which was......another squirrel. The squirrel being carried was slightly smaller and so I am guessing this is its young which was being moved. I left the dumpee alone and when I looked back later it had gone. This activity may be related to the fact that I heard some squirrel type noises from the attic the previous night and we had guests which in turn may have disturbed the squirrel. We had also some attic lights fitted a few days previously so again the combined disturbance may have been too great - I'm pleased to say. It's obviously time to put more peppermint essence in the attic and to try and block the entrance again.

No comments: